Venture Capital Analyst
Washington D.C, USA
The venture capital analyst is responsible for providing support to the investment team across multiple areas including market & investment theme research, analysis of potential investments, and monitoring of active investments. Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with formulation of investment themes and researched-based insight into the investment landscape.
- Tracking industry statistics and maintaining internal databases and including deal flow KPIs and portfolio operating metrics.
- Supporting investigation and due diligence on potential investments, including market research and analysis, review of technology, industry trends, clinical and regulatory due diligence, and supporting reference calls.
- Supporting analysis of company financials, building alternative financial models, creating pro-forma cap tables, conducting valuation analysis, and performing exit scenarios and waterfall analysis.
- Assisting in drafting and presenting investment memos and additional written materials including portfolio reviews and operational updates.
- Assisting with monitoring portfolio companies, valuation analysis, internal reporting, and compliance requirements.
- Tracking deal progress and managing deal updates and contacts in CRM or other systems.
- Assisting in and executing on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Demonstrated interest across cybersecurity, space, and energy sectors.
- 1+ years of relevant full-time work experience (e.g., investment banking, strategy consulting, private equity, or venture capital).
Strong communication skills and intellectual curiosity.
- Superior research and analytical abilities.
Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other office productivity tools.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction, multi-task, pay attention to details, follow through and work effectively both individually and as part of a team.
- Ambition and drive to be part of a rapidly-growing, high-performing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area of study with an exceptionally strong academic track record.
About C5 Capital:
C5 Capital (C5) is a specialist venture capital firm that invests in cybersecurity, space and energy security. C5’s investment strategy is focused on building long-term relationships with innovative and resilient founders that share in its mission to build a secure future. C5 Capital is headquartered in Washington, DC with locations in London, Luxembourg and Vienna.