About the Role:
The venture capital principal position at C5 Capital includes leadership responsibilities for directing major aspects of investments across the investment lifecycle. The person in this role is responsible for supporting the investment process and actively managing current investments. This position will be based out of our London office.
Responsibilities include, but are not be limited to:
- Holding initial discussions with potential investments and assisting in screening companies for investigation.
- Assisting with researching and formulating investment themes and researched based insight into the investment landscape.
- Participating in due diligence on potential investments, including market research and analysis, review of technology / industry trends, clinical and regulatory due diligence, participating in management meetings, financial modeling and valuation, and reference calls.
- Drafting and presenting investment memos and additional written materials including portfolio reviews and operational updates.
- Assisting with monitoring portfolio companies, internal reporting, and compliance requirements. Taking board observer roles and standing in for managing partners on boards as appropriate.
- Tracking industry statistics and maintaining internal databases including deal flow, deal KPIs, and portfolio operating metrics.
- Tracking deal progress and managing deal updates and contacts in CRM or other systems.
- Assisting in and executing on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions.
- Helping in directing the work of associates and analysts in fulfillment of their roles and validating the accuracy of their work.
- Presenting to the investment committee and participating in deal discussion and leading deal presentations as appropriate.
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least 5-7 years of experience in one or a combination of the following venture capital, corporate venture capital, private equity, similar investing experience with demonstrated leadership in managing the deal investment process.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- An ability to work in a dynamic team environment and manage team members in a non-hierarchical reporting structure.
- High level of initiative and accountability.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills.
- Skills in financial modeling (e.g., analyzing financial statements, creating financial models, conducting private capital valuation methodologies, managing and modeling capitalization tables, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Personal network within the technology ecosystem, evidenced by existing relationships in the startup and investment ecosystem in the United Kingdom and Europe.
- Current legal right to work in the United Kingdom.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Experience in strategy consulting or experience in research, analysis and evaluation of complex technologies with an ability to communicate complex messages in a targeted manner depending on the audience and format.
- Passion for, knowledge of, and experience with technology with specific domain expertise in Cloud-based applications, cyber security, cloud infrastructure, and data analytics.
- Strong integrity, work ethic, and a team player.
- Undergraduate degree in technical field (computer science, engineering, cyber security or similar).
- Graduate level degree (e.g., MBA, MA, or other) preferred.
Interested candidates should please submit your CV and a statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
About C5 Capital:
C5 Capital is an investment firm dedicated to investing in and nurturing a more secure digital future. We work with mission-driven entrepreneurs to help them create innovative solutions in cybersecurity, cloud infrastructure, data analytics and space technology and assist them in building great companies.
We enable companies across various stages and needs through our investment funds (C5 Cyber Partners and C5 Impact Partners) by investing in minority ownership stakes, taking active roles on the boards of directors, and working with leadership teams to accelerate and execute on their business development and strategic plans. With offices in London and Washington D.C., our diverse team invests across the US, UK, Europe and Israel.